Saturday, November 05, 2005

Trying to pay for FIFA World Cup conditional tickets

Like possibly thousands of other people; I'm trying to order conditional tickets from the FIFA World Cup website. But find myself unable to pay! I'm not German and don't have a Mastercard!

Back in May FIFA fell foul of EU law when customers living outside of Germany were forced to pay expensive bank charges to pay for their tickets using international money transfer. FIFA got a rap on the knuckles and refunded the bank charges to any successful ticket applicants.

Now in the next phase we can apply for return tickets. Like before you have to provide your passport number and payment details up-front. But this time the money transfer option is missing. The only options are Mastercard, and direct-debit for German accounts only. Pretty shoddy really.

The conditional tickets only became available in the last few days and Google hasn't pulled up any outrage since the initial debacle. So I post this here in the hope that other people will share their experiences and FIFA get their knuckles rapped again. And give me a couple of tickets.Int he meantime I've sent an email to FIFA but I don't expect a reply anytime soon.

This never would have happened if they held the World Cup in England...

technorati tags: , , , , ,

No comments: