Thursday, November 10, 2005

My 2nd email to FIFA

This World Cup ticket thing is really bugging me and I'm stunned to not find anything else about it on the internet. I've posted on various forums and blogs and nothing. No comments. Not even someone calling my an idiot. You give the internet a chance to call you an idiot and it always takes that option. But not this time. I really don't know why and I still want my meager chance at snapping up a return ticket.

Click this to see a screenshot of the payment section of the site showing the meager and useless payment options.

So I've sent FIFA another email using their Contact Us option on the main site. I really have no idea how much good it will do

This is my 2nd notice to you as the first has gone unreplied for over a week.
Your discrimination against non German EU citizens by only offering Mastercard payment methods is illegal under EU law. You have already been warned by the EU and you persits in your offence.
I don't have a german bank account or a mastercard. German residents have the option of paying by direct debit but nobody else does.
Should I not get a response within one more week I shall take this matter further - to court if neccessary.

Will I really take it to court? I dunno. I probably shouldn't have put that in there but unless I get some explanation or understanding of how this can happen I will take it further.

Further update: According to eubusiness.com from May:

Under the new arrangements, FIFA and the German Football Association (DFB) will open bank accounts in the 16 non-Eurozone countries within the EEA and will accept payments in the local currency.

Well that ain't happening.

technorati tags: , , , , ,

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I liked the way you put yours together and the content layout. I'm trying to get mine started. It's about cailuong in nam viet and like subjects, but is mostly pictures. Viet Nam War in Pictures is what I named it, of course. I'm not selling anything, and if you stop by please leave an honest comment about what you think. Thnx, ---Jack---

Rich Chestmat said...

Thanks Jack,
I've left a comment on your blog. It's a shame you don't have any thoughts about the FIFA thing but it's nice to see some real people are seeing my site.

Anonymous said...

Although I have a Mastercard, I don't have any interest in football. BUT this FIFA thing is a total farce. Mastercard are only doing this to get people to get Mastercard cards from their banks. Gits

Anonymous said...

Hello!

I must say I am a VISA user myself and had the same problem on some sites. I haven't tried to buy tickets to the World Cup since Romania, unfortunately, didn't make it there.

Anyway, I hope you solve the issue somehow and, if you do, maybe you will let us know, so we can tell our friends. I already heard of complaints that the ticket price is quite high and it seems that the well known German method is starting to fail.